Saturday, June 11, 2005

Taking Over Me




You don't remember me but I remember you
I lie awake and try so hard not to think of you
But who can decide what they dream, and dream I do...

I believe in you
I'll give up everything just to find you
I have to be with you
To live, to breathe, you're taking over me...

I look in the mirror and see your face
If I look deep enough
So many things inside that are just like you are taking over...
-Taking Over Me, Evanescence


~`~`~

The picture is one of my main characters, Mairinn Moral (yes, I think her name has been changed for the time), or Mair, from the book Price of My Tears. In short, she is cursed, she is forced out of her home, she dresses as a man and joins the army. There she meets Siarl Finish, whom she befriends and later (secretly) falls in love with. He is killed in a large battle, and she must move on with her regiment. She and Captain Kinth are captured by enemies, and while in their hands she learns that Siarl lives and his (general) whereabouts. She escapes and sets out to find him. This is the point the picture portrays.

Stock:
Girl: Scholar's Stock (so, basically me)
Background: sxc, I think.

1 comment:

Moriel said...

Cool stuff. Manipping your own characters is a blast...not that I've actually done so yet, but I do have plans to make various manips of Naethiel and Daemin, at least.

Anyway...this is another good one. You do need to pay more attention to lighting, I think, making the figure look more like it belongs in the picture (again, brightness/contrast, levels, and color balance are good settings to play around with), but you have the sword and feet blended well with the snow.