Friday, March 03, 2006

.This Week The Trend.

Image hosting by TinyPic

I thought I had it all figured out
Way back then
But now it's this minute
This hour, this day.
-This Week the Trend, Relient K.

Wow. This came about quite unexpectedly. I was looking at Kyra's DA favorites, and saw After Work. For some reason it sparked my inspiration, and this came out of it.

This is my depiction of Ian Braddock, a character that belongs to my friend Jolene. The piece really put itself together. I started with the idea of doing something with the base picture (man walking into light), and then the layers added themselves. I happened to be listening to Relient K., and this song struck me as like Ian, so I put the lyrics in.

Enjoy muchly, and comment if you are so inclined!

The Actual Pictures:
Base
Left Man
Right Man

Stock:
sxc
~AutumnsGoddess-stox

1 comment:

Moriel said...

Gosh, why didn't I see this before? Love this. The collage effect and the layering is perfect here; it gives the picture a sort of gritty, industrial feel that's perfect, considering Ian's a superhero in Boston and all.

I can't find the picture that inspired you, though, and the link doesn't work...