Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Portrait of Abby


This is Katherine's character, Abby, from our story based in Alexandria and Williamsburg in the 1700's. This is my first real attempt at digital drawing, but I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome. I originally set out to draw my own character, Emma, but couldn't find a model so ended up doing Abby. Isn't she pretty?

I also sketched her, as you can see below. I like the sketch better, I think, because I was able to straighten out problems a bit more than I could digitally (her lips, for example). The scan of it isn't good at all, because it was late and stuff, but you get the general idea.

Here's some other minor alterations:
Full Gradient. (just kidding! This is the background one)
Gradient minus the face. (just kidding! this is the full one)
Just the background gradient. (just kidding! this is the one without the face)

No comments: